NSKC Mosh Rules
This is a guide to keep the play area safe for all pets, so everyone can enjoy the experience! Always obey event volunteers, wearing NSKC stickers, or you will be asked to leave.
- Please no spikes or sharp protrusions from collars or gear. Flat studs are ok, just keep them 1/4 inch or under. Body jewelry should be removed or covered with tape… We don’t want your friends to look like they just got home from a fight!
- Minimal clothing is ideal. Excessively baggy clothing tends to get ripped, tugged, and can get tangled in play. Singlets are ideal but athletic shorts, jocks, and sports bras are all appropriate. Genital and chest (where applicable) areas must be covered.
- Show caution for food allergies! Some pets are allergic to certain ingredients and can have a reaction simply by playing with a toy another pet has had in their mouth. Notify an NSKC volunteer if you have any food allergies. No outside treats are permitted. Mosh Volunteers are looking out for the safety of all friends and MUST be obeyed at all times!
- Always get consent. If you wish to pet or play with a pet, hold out your hand, and call them. If they come to you and nudge your hand, assume it is ok to pet and/or play with them. Toss a ball, play tug of war, give them scritches. If they don’t come to you, don’t get offended; they could be owned and trained not to, or they could just want to do their own thing.
- Rope toys should be played with “gently”. Remember these toys were originally designed for bio pets, and human teeth aren’t as strong. USE CAUTION
- Protective gear is encouraged. This includes knee pads, elbow pads, paw mitts, and mouth guards. If you don’t have paw mitts, boxing gloves work or double up a pair of socks to prevent “rug burn”.
- Hydrate! Pets exert a lot of energy. Take water breaks. If you have a bowl, keep it to the outside of the play area, preferably with your owner/handler/a trusted friend.
- Play Safe! Aggressive play will not be tolerated. If the pet you are playing with rolls onto their back this means STOP!!! You are playing too rough! Event volunteers are responsible for the safety of all and MUST be obeyed at all times.