The North Star Kennel Club is proud to announce that it is overhauling its membership program for the 2019 calendar year.
The most notable changes to the program are:
- Elimination of the previous levels of membership (full and associate). Starting in 2019, there will be a single (full) level of membership.
- Dues for the new membership level will be $25/year. This is a $15/year reduction from the previous full membership level.
- Residency and volunteer requirements for full membership were eliminated. Members who volunteer at three or more events will now be recognized at the club’s Annual Meeting with an award and pin.
- Members will continue to receive a membership tag upon joining. They may choose to purchase a “Welcome Kit” for an additional $10 when joining. The Welcome Kit includes a membership pin, small membership patch, and a friendship pin.
- Members will now be recognized for every five years of membership at the club’s Annual Meeting with a tenure pin.
“This is the first time since the club incorporated four years ago that we have looked at our membership program”, said Pup Minutes, the NSKC Lead Pack Chair. “We researched other puppy and handler groups across North America. We held weeks of discussions within the Lead Pack. We reached out to our membership for their ideas. At the end of the day, we felt this was the best path forward. The lower cost of full membership improves the value we provide our members, simplifies our operations, and makes us more accessible to members of the community.”
The 2019 membership program will take effect on October 1, 2018.